Ka-Boom, Crash of the Century!

There are some days, as we do LIFE, suddenly–out of nowhere . . .

Ka-boom!

English: A brick wall (stretcher bond) Françai...

–Photo credit: Wikipedia

YOU hit a WALL!

Not a real wall, thankfully, but the wall that takes all the courage out of you and leaves you muttering, “Who, in bloody hell put up this wall??” The thing is, this accident can occur at any time, to anyone and usually the victim is clueless about the wall being right in front of him or her.

For example, the other day, at a yoga class that, truth-be-told, I sporadically attend because, well–I’m lazy and okay, so there’s another fault I seriously need to work on–this yoga acquaintance casually tells me as we are doing the yoga pose called the Downward Dog, that she had what I would call the,

Ka-boom, Crash of the Century!

She is now trying to put encouragement back into her life, after her 911 call in to the ambulance service to check out what she thought was a heart attack or stroke coming on.

As the ’cute’ (her description) ambulance person checked all her vitals, he looked straight into her starry eyes and said, “Lady, do you have a history of emotional breakdowns?”

Ka-boom!!

“No, my emotions have never staged a revolution, never! I thought it was a stroke or a heart attack coming on. I couldn’t think, breathe, drive and I felt so funky!” cried my friend to the ‘cute’ ambulance person.

Naturally, you know my friend was given some medicine to help get her back to a more balanced reality until she could drive herself over to her doctor‘s appointment for further evaluations. However, you and I both know, even with proper medicine, recovery from emotional wall crashes can leave you in an upheaval for days and finding encouragement takes time and effort.

As we transitioned to the yoga Eagle Pose, my friend suggested the following ways she is rebuilding her own wall of encouragement and thought I should pass it on to others who may have crashed and would like some simple suggestions.

Here are the simply charming do-it-yourself guide to recovery after a Ka-boom wall crash:

Write on your Wall

Every day at least once, write down five things you are either grateful for or been blessed with. It can be as simple as having a glass of cool, clean glass of water or being grateful for the gift of sight or hearing. If you can’t think of five, just write at least one item on your list.

“Be thankful in all circumstances…” 1 Thessalonians 5:13

Seek a few companionship to your Wall

My yoga friend realized quickly how destructive it was to depend exclusively on her live-in partner for emotional support. Because her partner left for a week on a business trip, leaving her all alone in the house without even a pet to fuss over, somehow, discouraging thoughts began to happen and …now; she is looking for a puppy.

It’s a big world out there…go out and have fun!

Exercise on your Wall

Wisdom from Legally Blonde’s main character, Elle:

“Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy.”

Yoga, running, walking, Pilates, Zumba, whatever can get you to move and groove…do IT!

You own your Wall

That’s right, you own and support your own wall! Please, do NOT forget this!!  Remember, Ka-booms will happen and we must learn to encourage ourselves from time to time because sometimes, when we crash, despite how frantically we search for help from our friends or loved ones, every person may be unavailable and we are left to ourselves to heal.

Believing in yourself NEVER goes out of style! ~Legally Blonde quote~

Go get ’em tiger!

Have you got any other ideas to help build encouragement after a big Ka-boom?

12 thoughts on “Ka-Boom, Crash of the Century!

1. orples says:

Walls … that there is a subject I’ve had experience with. My walls tend to come down slowly. Either way, I like your aftermath advice,Sunshine.

Hey Marcy! Slowly tumbling down sounds easier on a person, I would imagine. I appreciate your kind words, the visit…and, oh, you have a great, day! 🙂

This is fabulous, Sunshine! My recommendations are: find some things, even two, that you really enjoy doing (or did, when you weren’t “slammed”)–healthy things (not destructive “substances”). In Jan 2006, I discovered Pro Bull Riding was on every weekend–and being a fan, I literally lived from weekend to weekend. In between, I read books–not necessarily “self help”, something distracting–light mysteries, good novels. And I cooked like a madwoman. Keeping busy, and making some “structure” in your day, and week–are really helpful. And clean house–you’d be amazed how good you feel–physically and emotionally, when you look around at your clean digs! And of course, Keep talking to God–even if you’re convinced He’s gone on vacation, or fed up with you. He hasn’t and He’s Not–so just keep telling him how you feel, everything that’s on your mind. This is beneficial, and Crucial–because when you come out the other side, you’ll be jumping up and down, hugging Him and thanking Him all over the place for bringing you through (once again)!! God bless you, Sunshine, one adored by Him! love, sis Caddo

PS: Have I mentioned how much I love your color scheme?!!

Whoa, Caddo!! Pro Bull Riding?? Now that sounds like a great way to build back encouragement with a rush of adrenaline to boot! Yiipee!! Question: Are you spectating or performing at this wonderful sounding event?
      I love all your recommendations especially the keep-house-clean part and chats with da Man! I’m gonna pass your advice on to my friend…guess that means a yoga class soon. My lazy self is *sighing* Lol!
      Thanks Sis for another great conversation and happy you liked my color for the summer…jumping with joy and happiness and you do the same! 🙂

• Caddo Veil says:

Congrats! You gave me my first laugh of the day with your question (teasing) about spectating or performing in the arena. There are times when I’m watching with my eyes mostly covered, certain somebody’s leaving in the ambulance. But there are other times when I’m “in position”, on the edge of my couch, “helping” my boys ride as I holler to them through the TV: “Stay up there, Keep hustling–2 more seconds JB!!” Yeah, you should be here–I’m quite the show! They’re on break till Aug 10, so this “mama” gets a rest from all the fretting–so I can write, etc. God bless you Big today–love, sis Caddo

Well, I would say, it’s far safer Bull Riding from the couch! Those riders are brave and craazy! Good event to watch though and I thank you for sharing about it! 🙂

3. angelswhisper2011 says:

Sunshine, I think the first thing for me is to get the courage to get out of that feeling, willing to go on and not hang in that feeling what causes the Ka-Boom. After that I have to go out, I need fresh air and a fresh head, so I step on my bike and sing a Mantra in myself, or I do one of the things at home you already have mentioned and pray for help, ask the angels to support me and if nothing works I’ll take a Bach remedy or homeopathic remedy that will help me to go on, and sometimes when I’m very stubborn I play stupid games on the internet for hours 😀
    I had fun reading the post, it’s very recognizable. I wish you a great weekend without any Ka-Booms 🙂

Lol, Angelswhisper about your stubborn streak and finding games to play online–actually, that sound like a great idea to put you into a fun mode. I definitely think angels are sometimes forgotten when we get into difficult situations and if we could see them, I bet they are like, “Over here, see, I want to help you! Just ask me!!” *hands waving in front of our faces that we completely ignore* Thanks for the angel reminder AND sharing your DIY encouragement builder! I love them!
      Be happy and keep safe…and may you be abundantly blessed! 😉

4. eof737 says:

Yes, yes and yes to all you’ve written. Without gratitude I don’t think I’ll be around at all… Grace saves me… always. TY!

Thanks Philo Mouse and yes, AGREE, Legally Blonde series do have many life lessons embedded in what seems to be ‘fluff!’
      “Bend and snap…works every time!” lol!