Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer

Can you believe it is already summer for some of us? I am just sitting here remembering how as kids, we could not wait for school to end and summer vacation to begin!

Bury the books and simply ‘chill!’

Ahh, summer memories are all so sweet!

For me, summer is the season that keeps us thirsting for cool beverages and dreaming of cool sultry night breezes to help us fall asleep . . .

summer nights, memories,

–summer city lights are simply beautiful!

. . . While pondering on Matthew Arnold’s words, “is it so small a thing to have enjoy’d the sun?”

endless summer, photo, random, weekly photo challenge

–simple summer activity…soaking up the sunshine!

Of course, the best days of summer are naturally, endless water play,

weekly photo challenge, summer, water play, simple fun

–simple back yard summer water play

. . . and planning the next football play with your best buddies!

summer plans, football, photo, weekly photo challenge, best friends

–who can resist a simple game of tag football?

These are just a few simply charming summer memories!

What is a favorite summer memory that brings you sunshine and smiles?

Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer | The Daily Post at WordPress.com.

35 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Summer

1. eof737 says:

I love your section of summer shots… All beautiful and colorful… I also love the new blog template … Digging that bubblegum shade! 😉

Oh, I love bubblegum and didn’t even realize it was the same color until you mentioned it Elizabeth! Lol! Thank you and now, I’m going over to your place! 🙂

2. Arindam says:

Hi Sunshine,
    you summarize the whole memories of summer days so beautifully in this post. During school days I could wait for summer vacation to begin. Summer vacation was more special for me, because my birthday fall during that. I like the last photograph a lot. A beautiful moment between friends.
    Great post. Have a great Sunday. 🙂

I think we have a birthday celebration coming up in the near future . . . whoo-hoo and that would make the summer an extra special memory!
      Special celebrations and wonderful friends are simply the best summer fun one can ask for, Arindam.
      Thank you and you also have a great Sunday! 🙂

3. orples says:

Even at my age, playing under the hose is still fun. Summer and water … what a pair! 🙂 I hope you’re having a terrific weekend,Sunshine. 🙂

Had a great weekend and I agree with you Orples/Marcy, summer is always better when water is the main ingredient! I’m never sure which name you prefer so I just slashed and used both…lol! Do you prefer one over the other? Just wondering…

How ’bout: running through the sprinkler to cool off, and eating watermelon–juice running down your face and arms; lying in the grass and looking up at the sky as though life might go on, lazily and carefree, forever; catching fireflies; a wardrobe of shorts….oh, I’m drifting in reverie. God bless you, Sunshine–love, sis Caddo

Oh, I got carried away and almost forgot–I’ve got that recipe for Magic Cookie Bars–do you want me to put the recipe here, for you–or over on my blog recipe page?

5. island traveler says:

Beautiful Summer thoughts and memories. Summer of our youth, always a happy recollections for fun days with family and friends at the beach, field trips with or without our parent’s consent(Oops!), or simply being around people we share stories and future dreams. Oh, Summer, you are so awesome!

Oops. I caught that…without consent…a bit ‘rascally’ slipping out once in awhile does make for an adventurous summer! (Quick, close your son’s ears! I don’t want to give him any ideas!!)
      I loved your summer beach days post…thanks, Island Traveler!

Oh, this is a wonderful summertime memory, Deanna! I’m going to seriously need to get a screen porch one day…thanks for the idea and great seeing you! 🙂