Love’s Illusion is in the Air!

We know what we are,

But we know not what we may be.

~William Shakespeare

May 2012.

Most high school graduations in the United States have taken place or soon will take place.

Congratulations to all recent graduates!

Some of us remember graduating from high school like it was only yesterday, and others, because it happened so many years ago, have only flashbacks of some good and not so good memories.

Good memories would include finding your perfect prom date, getting the perfect attendance award, winning scholarships, passing the ACT standardized tests, getting accepted into the college of your choice, and having so many high school friends, that signing your yearbook would be such a challenge…

“I can’t find a blank page to write on!!”

A not so good memory is unfolding…

It’s funny in a way, how at eighteen, one can feel like one knows everything there is to know, think we know who we are, and get a bit ruffled if someone tries to hint that they may know more than YOU know YOU!

So, I know this young lady, just graduated this May 2012.

Fine and dandy.

The problem arrives when you mesh reckless love with young fresh minds; it usually leads to not knowing what a person may be. Or, may become.

Stacy, (name changed to protect this poor child) has decided, she knows everything. Today, she moved in with her twenty something boyfriend of only six months or so, both have quit their current jobs at a fast food restaurant and are waiting to hear from prospective job applications.

Hmmn, very smart move, wouldn’t you agree??

Love is in the air.

Neither have a car. They say the bus system is wonderful.

Love is really in the air.

They have signed a one-year, $500.00 month rent contract.

I can hear this couple saying:

“We know we are madly in love

But we know not what we may be.”

I don’t want to say it but, could this be classified as stupid love??

Just wondering…

16 thoughts on “Love’s Illusion is in the Air!

As Genie said earlier, lessons that may turn out in their favor…thanks Angie, and I agree with you, dumb, but sometimes learning the hard way works well. 🙂

Hello Angelswhisper, I missed you earlier so I’m catching up with you…love is such a mystery sometimes. I just pray for God’s wisdom and go from there.
      Thanks, and have a great week! 🙂

1. babyjill7...Marilyn Griffin says:

A lot of us have been there…done that…EXPERIENCE sometimes teaches us…and then there are those who just keep right on doing the same things over and over…I wish the best for this young girl you obviously love and care about…Let’s hope all will go well for her…~mkg

As you say Marilyn, experience is a key that teaches us about life and yes, we can only pray and hope the tough lessons will make these two young ones wise as they mature. Thanks for your patience…I don’t know how I missed you when you visited earlier.

Oh how painful it is to remember being stupid-in-love–it’s the kind of thing (for me anyway) where you know you’re forgiven, but you just never forget….For this little gal, I pray for God to cover her as she makes her way through this “adventure”. So many things could go wrong–and I’m sure she’ll learn a lot, I just wish they didn’t have to be painful lessons. Oh, that we could protect the young! Prayer feels so inadequate– love to you, Sunshine~~sis Caddo

I totally agree Caddo, prayer feels so inadequate but like you said, some have to learn the hard way. Ouch! Appreciate the visit, conversation and most of all, prayers. *Hugs*

3. mj monaghan says:

Boy, it’s going to be difficult for them. Who knows if they will make it, but without jobs and transportation it’s tough.

Maybe locking in the lease will force them to work that much harder.

It’s going to take time to see if it will work, but the odds aren’t on their side. Not to say it can’t work out.

I think this is called, the University of Hard Knocks? or something close to it, MJ. I guess they have a year to pull it together…we will see. Thanks for your input. 🙂

4. Genie says:

Let’s be kind and call this a learning experience for the couple. Maybe learning this particular lesson early in their adult life will led to spectacular life choices in the future.