A Little Bit of This and That …

Hey,

My postings have gotten sparse lately and I just wanted to let you know, I really have tried hard to either post or at least visit you all. You see, one of the disadvantages of living in an area with limited internet service is you either have to pay tons of $$’s for a decent service or just be grateful you have internet service, period.

I am grateful.

Even if I wanted to pay tons of $$’s, the internet service around here is not capable of performing at the level this blog wants to perform at.

But, I am still grateful!!

Anyway, here’s a small sampling of my mother’s and my all time favorite lines.Yes, I’ve used a few recently.  See if you recognize any:

What all Moms need to know:

• Are you going out dressed like THAT??
  • Am I talking to a brick wall?
  • If your friends jumped off a bridge, what,  would you do it too??
  • Where do you think YOU’RE Going??

Power words for smart moms:

• I brought you into this world and I can take you out
  • If you don’t quit that, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week
  • I’ll put a knot on your head so high you’ll have to stand on your tip toes to scratch it!
  • You better wipe that smile off your face before I do it for you.
  • Why?? Because I SAID SO, that’s why!
  • I hope someday you have kids just like YOU!

You know Moms know everything:

• Someday your face will freeze like that!
  • Oh, running away? Send me a postcard when you get there. *my personal fave*
  • Stop playing with that–you’ll poke your eye out!
  • Don’t pick at it, it’ll get infected! Ewww . . .
  • There’s no shame in being poor, but there is shame in being dirty
  • DON’T eat that, it’ll give you WORMS.

Do you have a favorite Mom quote you will remember, like, forever?

*sorry no images due to downloading capabilities maxed out! Arrgh!

20 thoughts on “A Little Bit of This and That …

1. angelswhisper2011 says:

lol, Sunshine, and very recognizable 😀
    My favorite quote was: “he that will not be taught must suffer…”
    Too bad of your internet, I can imagine how it feels 😦 Hope you have a great weekend 🙂

I like that, ‘He that will not be taught must suffer…’ such truth in those words!
      I am grateful when I do get something posted or I can reply to the conversations…maybe someone is trying to teach me to be very grateful !
      Thanks for visiting 🙂 and you have a great weekend too!

2. Nicole says:

I’m not a Mom, but I’m pretty sure my Mom used the majority of these with me. Heck, some of them she still does!!!! She used to tell me she was going to “ship me to Timbuktu” if I didn’t stop behaving like a wild child. Once I was old enough and could read an atlas (you know, the paper-version of a map ….. I don’t think Google existed then!!!!!), I discovered a country in AFRICA that is actually named Timbuktu. I immediately began acting right because I was really afraid she might get a wild hair up her butt and ship me off. Of course, she wouldn’t but nowadays, as my passport is filling up, I want to go to Africa really, really, REALLY bad!!!!!!!

Great post, happy mother’s day to all the wonderful women (some moms, some not).

Nicole @ Three 31

Nicole, I think my mom used that line too, ‘shipping us off to Timbuktu’…the memory is coming back! Lol!! How funny you actually looking up to see if the place existed. I love it! 🙂 Well, if and when you get to Timbuktu, let us know how it is. I wonder how some mom picked a place like Timbuktu and started such a tradition? Too funny! 🙂

WOW! 98 and with a great mind, that is really great Marilyn. Did she by any chance work on crossword puzzles? I knew a lady who was crazy into crosswords and she lived way into her nineties with a sharp mind.
      Thanks for sharing!! 🙂

3. orples says:

I know how you feel about being behind, but my handicap is time, more than internet service, which isn’t cheap here either. 😉 Have a lovely, relaxing weekend!

Time, oh, precious time… it would be nice if we could exist with just an hour sleep and no time spent eating. *hearty laughs* Thanks Orples for sharing and you also have a relaxing Mother’s day! No work…just relax! 🙂

4. Arindam says:

Hi Sunshine,
    what a wonderful post. Maximum of these lines are my mom’s favorite line also. Thanks a lot for giving me a smile today. 🙂 My moms most favorite line is- “When will you grow up? I am not sure when are you going to take life seriously? ” 🙂

Your mother is smart, Arindam, and I think all mother’s worry a bit, no worry lots on their children even if they already are adults…lol! I love your mother’s line! 🙂 I appreciate your visit and have a great weekend! 🙂

5. philosophermouseofthehedge says:

(Oh, location, location, and availability of fast internet = the new mantra for picking somewhere to live?)
    What about the one “You better listen and learn this – I won’t be following you around the rest of your life…” or “I’ll show you 5 good reasons why: (folding fingers into fist) one, two, three, four, five (shaking fist)” – or maybe that was from my much older brother, sorry.
    Great post (we are grateful for the hilarity).

*laughing too hard!* Philo mouse, you are cracking me up! The fist and fingers…fantastic!! Brothers, I tell ya!
      My mom had something close to your moms when she would say, ‘I won’t always be here, I’ve lived my life, so get your act together!’ Hmm, right Mom, so positive is all I could think about.
      I still love your brother’s line the best…:)

Hi Sunshine–being grateful is the paramount thing!! I love these mom-isms–they’re so funny because at some early point in time, we actually believed them–har har har! Wishing you the best weekend–much blessed. love, Caddo sis

Hey Caddo-sis! See, the power of moms everywhere . . . a mom puts out a mom-ism and somehow it becomes a tradition and next thing, the whole neighborhood is full of moms reciting these lines to their young’ns. How amazing is this power?
      YOU have a great and blessed weekend too! 🙂 thank you!!!!

7. fgassette says:

When we were traveling from one place to another, as we approached home my mother whould ask: “What did the monkey say when his tail was cut off?” Answer: “It won’t be long now.”

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

Francine, I have never heard your mom’s line and I love it!! I’ll have to use it with my nursery kids . . .:)
      Thanks and have a great weekend!

8. amira says:

What a wonderful post Sunshine dear. Very meaningful.
    Mothers are wonderful people … at least my mother is
    and I am hoping I am able to at least half as wonderful for my kids.

Well, as they say Amira, the ‘apples usually don’t fall too far from the mother tree,’ so I would be guessing, your children are in good hands. A blessed and peaceful day to you and your mom! 🙂

Elizabeth, it’s getting better now that I’m understanding my internet server’s capabilities. I appreciate how you take the time to visit and not just in passing but actually stopping for a bit of conversation.
      Thank YOU! 🙂