My postings have gotten sparse lately and I just wanted to let you know, I really have tried hard to either post or at least visit you all. You see, one of the disadvantages of living in an area with limited internet service is you either have to pay tons of $$’s for a decent service or just be grateful you have internet service, period.
I am grateful.
Even if I wanted to pay tons of $$’s, the internet service around here is not capable of performing at the level this blog wants to perform at.
But, I am still grateful!!
Anyway, here’s a small sampling of my mother’s and my all time favorite lines.Yes, I’ve used a few recently. See if you recognize any:
What all Moms need to know:
- Are you going out dressed like THAT??
- Am I talking to a brick wall?
- If your friends jumped off a bridge, what, would you do it too??
- Where do you think YOU’RE Going??
Power words for smart moms:
- I brought you into this world and I can take you out
- If you don’t quit that, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week
- I’ll put a knot on your head so high you’ll have to stand on your tip toes to scratch it!
- You better wipe that smile off your face before I do it for you.
- Why?? Because I SAID SO, that’s why!
- I hope someday you have kids just like YOU!
You know Moms know everything:
- Someday your face will freeze like that!
- Oh, running away? Send me a postcard when you get there. *my personal fave*
- Stop playing with that–you’ll poke your eye out!
- Don’t pick at it, it’ll get infected! Ewww . . .
- There’s no shame in being poor, but there is shame in being dirty
- DON’T eat that, it’ll give you WORMS.
Do you have a favorite Mom quote you will remember, like, forever?
*sorry no images due to downloading capabilities maxed out! Arrgh!