Flying With Angels

Angels fly because they take themselves lightly.

~G.K. Chesterton

Angels fascinate me.

I often wonder what it would feel like to fly.

No, I’m not talking about flying in a plane or chopper. Let me draw a simple word picture.

I would like to be standing around, let’s say, at the grocery checkout line, be minding my own business, and attempting with all my might to focus on something productive. I read somewhere that the time we spend waiting in lines is the perfect opportunity to carry on a deep conversation with God.

Perfect.

So, in my mind, as I wait in line, God and I are talking.

Productive, right?

I usually ask Him to bless every person in my line and the cashier who will be waiting on me.

If the lines are super long and I’m still waiting, I keep talking and get as much blessings for everyone around me until I reach my destination.

Bless line 3, still waiting, bless line 4, still waiting and suddenly . . . you see me gracefully lifting off the ground!

That’s what I’m talking about!!  Nothing major. Just a couple of inches off the ground.

Simply levitating for a few minutes!

You know some people in history had this incredible experience, right?

Saint Francis of Assisi is one famous person recorded to have “suspended above the earth, often to a height of three, and often to a height of four cubits.”

Amazing, right?

Okay, some of you may think, well, has anyone seen levitation going on with any person outside the Christian faith?

Why, yes!

Nagendrantu Bhaduri was a saint from India who mastered several Yogic techniques and would enter into a state of “ecstatic calm” and then, levitate.

Well, what do you think? Possible, or are these just made up stories?

Hmm, I’ve got some ways to go before I learn to take myself lightly,so, perhaps it would be better if I just catch you if you happen to fall as you go out and enjoy a flight with the Angels.

Have yourself a simply charming flight!

I’ll be right here.

30 thoughts on “Flying With Angels

1. Gabby Angel says:

What a lovely song, nice quote, too! I also simply love angels, as for the levitation thing I believe it can happen. I haven’t done this personally of course! 🙂

I can see your love of angels, Gabby Angel! 🙂
      Maybe one of us will see someone levitating, although, it may be a bit shocking at first . . .
      Thanks!

2. fgassette says:

I’ve never experienced levitations but I have talked to God. Your video with the amazing photos did transport me to a peacful, calm relaxing place when I viewed it. Thanks for sharing.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

Thanks Francine for taking the time to visit and wonderful you found peace with the video. It’s a beautiful song.
      You bring much encouragement . . . 🙂

3. island traveler says:

I’m fascinated with angels too. They are actually my favorite supernatural beings. I wish I could see one. I know they exist. For the many times my son was spared from getting hurt while playing, or we were spared from accident, I knew our guardian angels were watching over us. Beautiful post! Thank you…

I like to believe, Island traveler, angels appear to us in the form of familiar people . . . maybe, angels visit you time to time via your loving son and wife. Possible, I imagine. 😉

Oh wow Babyjill, I didn’t think about that . . . people in line are sure gonna look different to me now. Hey, thanks for the insight and the visit. 🙂

4. philosophermouseofthehedge says:

Every time you hear a bell, an angel gets their wings…..do grocery register’s electronic beeps count do you think? Or do almost-angels now have to go elsewhere for dingings?…could be why grocery store lines have gotten so long and angry…..just an idea.
    Nice video!

I absolutely LOVE the idea of spending “wait time” talking with God, and asking Him to bless oodles of folks–now that’s what I’m talkin’ about!! Love you~~sis Caddo

6. Genie says:

What a good use of waiting time – blessing everyone in line. I will start doing this also. I enjoyed both your post and your video.

7. Arindam says:

Now I came to know, how to keep myself busy when I would be waiting in a line. 🙂
    Yes, I also heard the same; with the power of yoga & meditation it’s possible to reach to a certain height from the ground level. But I have never seen this with my eyes. But I do believe it’s possible.
    And let me tell you, I am also fascinated towards angels. 🙂

Simply beautiful thoughts Arindam . . . keep the energy flowing and for sure you have a special guardian angel by your side always. ~ peace~

The song is simple in lyrics but touches the soul . . . thank you so much for your loving thoughts, Anne. I appreciate your visits. 🙂