STAIRWAY of Life

“Life is a series of steps. Things are done gradually . . .”stairway, Sunday Post, nature, random, photos,small step, life

first, crawling  and then walking. Some of us skipped the walking stage and leaped right into running!

“Hey you high-strung toddler, slow down!!”

Story books read to us then hopefully, reading on our own. Oh, please tell me you’re reading something meaningful for your age!

“Mom, I read the comics this morning!” *sigh* I guess that’s better than nothing!

“Once in a while there is a giant step,”Sunday Post, Stairway, nature, random, photo,giant step,raise up a child

Childless one day to raising up a child the next . . . parents, I feel for ya. Really.

“but most of the time we are taking small, seemingly insignificant steps on the stairwayof life.” ~ Ralph Ransom (Brainy Quote)

Coffee and donuts anyone?

Stairway, nature, random, small steps, Sunday Post,

-Photo source: www.flickr.com

At this time, do you find yourself climbing the stairway of life with gradual, giant or simply insignificant steps ?

I’m in the coffee and donut line so you know my steps are going up the insignificant stairway! *giggle*

Sunshine xoxo

Created especially with love for Jakesprinter: SUNDAY POST : Stairway.

36 thoughts on “STAIRWAY of Life

Funny thing about those “small” steps–every so often I suddenly realize how far they’ve brought me–and I’m ecstatic and grateful, so very grateful! God bless you, Sunshine.

2. viviankirkfield says:

Hi Sunshine!
    Thank you for linking up with my Stairway to Self-Esteem post. 🙂
    I love your interpretation of Stairway…we never know when we will have to take a giant step…and sometimes we do need help and encouragement.

Thank you Cassie for the mention and Wow! beautiful stairway and landscape photos. I appreciate your visit and conversation…
      ~Have a lovely week ahead 🙂

3. diggingher says:

Enjoyed the interpretation of the theme. My steps vary sometimes from moment to moment. My prayer is that the steps of my life never be insignificant but always leading me higher to my eternal purpose. Keep climbing! There is work to be done in the kingdom.

I’m a climbing, small steps at a time and keeping your precious words locked in my heart: To keep climbing higher for the eternal purpose.I’ll only stop for a minute for a donut and a sip of coffee…lol!
      ~Have a wonderful day and thank you for starting my day with a smile:)

4. philosophermouseofthehedge says:

Sometimes you’ve got to watch that first step (tell that to a small child – HA). Another bit of wisdom to pass on: you can fall up stairs as well as fall down….so watch your step- on stairs and in life!
    Love the pix. Nice theme development

5. Colline says:

I think as we get older we take the steps more carefully – both literally and in any action that we take in our life. I enjoyed reading your entry.

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts Colline and I agree totally about taking more time to think things through as we get older and hopefully, we grow wiser as time goes on so the action is more automatic. Comes easier for some, I guess.
      Thank you and abundant blessings to you! 🙂

6. island traveler says:

Just beautiful. Like I went down memory lane. From my son’s first steps to his running and jumping that scares me sometimes. These little steps are precious moments as a parent. One day, well look back and smile because we know, we walked a stairway filled love and happiness. have a lovely day. Thanks.

Hey Island traveler, life in the ‘parent lane’ moves too quickly . . . arrgh, one day a little toddler getting into everything you don’t want them to be in, the next day, taking the car keys and spending most of their days with friends and high school activities. *sigh*
      and much happy energies going out to ya! 🙂

7. munchow says:

If you take small enough steps at a time nothing will ever be too big of a climb. It’s like that in life – as in arts, as I wrote in my post Small Steps toward the Big Goal some time ago. An as long is there is a stair to climb in our lives, we keep growing, doesn’t matter if it’s big or small. I like this post and it’s message.

Otto, your Small Steps . . . the Big Goal, is an excellent post and really holds much value and truth!
      “Small steps toward the big goal” is usually the best way to approach our life work, whatever that may be. So often, due to laziness, lack of pride or whatever excuse comes to mind, we want to–or at least attempt to–skip the small details that, had we performed them, would have made a far superior end product or situation.
      I’m glad you left your link to your post and as always, it’s a pleasure when you visit and share your thoughts. Thanks Otto, and have a awesome weekend coming up . . . 🙂

Whoops, careful going up or down those stairs Angelswhisper . . . and I will do the same. No matter how many times you step up or down, it’s so easy to miscalculate. Ouch!
      Same wishes to you my friend, Happy and safe Sunday to ya! 🙂