Weekly Photo Challenge: Two Subjects

First subject on the agenda is fish. Looks to me like a very dead fish. Agree??

~~ Teach a man to take a fish is not equal to teach a man how to fish.

Second subject on the agenda is a knife. Looks like it could be a very sharp knife.

Math problem for today: First subject + second subject= potentially yummy dinner

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. ~Chinese proverb

Okay, now, is there a chef in the house??

Weekly Photo Challenge: Two Subjects.

60 thoughts on “Weekly Photo Challenge: Two Subjects

Hello Francine and I was wondering what to do with the fish and knife photo! Weekly photo challenge saves the day, again! :)Blessings and inspiration to you too!

Well Colline, I am the world’s worst cook and so, the only way I know how to deal with these slippery critters is smother it in egg batter, cover with tons of corn meal, salt and pepper and fry it up in hot olive oil. I prefer salt water fish myself but since it’s easier to catch river bass around here, it becomes our Friday fish night dinners. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for your conversation!

Hooray!! A chef’s in the house!! I betcha you’re a fab cook like you are a graphic designer Jake! Thanks, and see ya in a bit with some Blossoms. ๐Ÿ™‚

Well Christine, truth be told, I would have enjoyed sitting at the fountain over a Paris more than eating a river fish, but a meal is a meal and I’m grateful. ๐Ÿ™‚
      Thank you for leaving your link because it’s so hard to get over to see everyone’s weekly entries and this made it easy! Have a beautiful week!

Hey Sony,
      I was wondering what to do with the fish photo . . . not only did it make a great meal but its short life is now a photo memory in the blog world! ๐Ÿ™‚
      Thanks for the encouraging words.

1. angelswhisper2011 says:

I think you succeeded the challenge, very well done, but I would never prepare the fish. I could not find it in my heart to do it. I eat fish, if it’s already prepared, without the head ๐Ÿ™‚

The trick, Angelswhisper, is to find some teen boys eager to catch the fish, gut it and then voila, fish ready to be prepared for dinner! Of course, it’s always
      a challenge trying to find these young fishermen since most would prefer their x-box gamer life. Too busy too fish, gotta take down some zombies!
      Oh, what to do eh?
      Going to the grocery store sounds far easier!!
      Thanks Angelswhisper!

2. island traveler says:

“Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” A beautiful post that teaches a very important life lesson. My parents taught me and my siblings not to rely on land and inheritance but to value education, work hard and follow our dreams. They were so right and gave us a heirloom no one can take….thanks.

You found the keys to a fulfilling life Island Traveler:
      1.value education
      2.work hard
      3. and follow our dreams.
      These are very precious heirlooms! Thank you!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚