In the Embrace of Kindheartedness

-photo source: rocky ridge refuge

A pleasant companion on a journey is as good as a carriage.

Syrus

Having loving companions on any journey makes any travel lighter and easier to endure. I found so much comfort while viewing this gentle man looking as if his few possessions are probably worth more to him than any precious diamonds and gold.

Whatever struggles, set-backs, health problems or simply sadness we may stumble across in living, may we find contentment not in expensive material goods and activities but purely in the warm embrace of kindheartedness.

~Hugs,

Sunshine xoxo

Photo & quote credit: Rocky Ridge Refuge and Wikiquote

31 thoughts on “In the Embrace of Kindheartedness

This is such lovely and excellent truth, Sunshine–almost has me crying (but I can’t afford a headache–I have errands to run). Thank you so much–May God pour out His blessings for you today.

When I first saw the gentle man and him hugging the dog (what a priceless expression on the dog!) my heart just melted right there on the spot.
      Glad you took a moment from your busy day Orples! Thanks 🙂

2. Cara Olsen says:

Sunshine, I love this. The post was short; however, the message is both clear and powerful. People and pets — not things! Thank you for bringing the Light into my morning.

Blessings,
    Cara

3. philosophermouseofthehedge says:

Another great quote. We always worry about dogs on the street – especially in the extreme heat here – dogs cannot go in the shelters. Their owners seem to share whatever they have with their companion pets, and groups pass out water and dog food along with blanket and sandwiches to the homeless. Companionship has a value and a reward. Devoted to each other. Very touching post

That is so sweet to know Philo mouse how both the human and animal friends give what little they have and it is enough. Your thoughts are appreciated. 🙂

4. island traveler says:

During my darkest moments, when I felt the world seem crushing down, I find strength among people who cares for me. kindheartedness and generous companionship help all of us overcome the storms of our lives. Beautiful post. Thanks for today’s inspiration.

Thank you Island Traveler for your gift you bring with every post you create and every thought filled visit and conversations. It’s always a pleasure!
      ~Abundant blessings . . .

5. angelswhisper2011 says:

A loving word, people who care for you and our be loved animals are worth more than all the material stuff in the world. Beautiful post, Sunshine, and the picture says it all 🙂

I’m not sure who the photographer was but whoever it was got a great image. Your conversation is much appreciated Angelswhisper!
      ~Have a blessed week! 🙂