deLIGHTed!!

I’m deLIGHTed!!

Hehe, just a few fun facts about Earth’s primary source of light . . . the Sun!!

You know . . .

Sunlight takes about 8.3 minutes to reach the Earth. (Amazing!!)

Sunlight is a key factor in photosynthesis, a process vital for life on Earth.

The existence of nearly all life on Earth is fueled by light from the sun.

In Hinduism the sun is considered to be a god as it is the source of life and energy on earth. ~Wikipedia on Light

Today we celebrated a teen’s birthday with pizza, cupcakes with candles, and ice cream.  So, what, right?

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle. ~ Robert Alden (ThinkExist.com Quotations)

It is in the simple celebrations of our lives that we can find the light of happiness in just a smile, cream-filled cupcakes and vanilla ice cream! ~ Sunshine 2012

and the bright light found over at Jake’s SUNDAY POST!

Where have you found the light of happiness recently?

30 thoughts on “deLIGHTed!!

1. Arindam says:

Great post with really nice photographs. You are absolutely right that, in our religion sun is considered to be a god as it is the source of life and energy on earth. 🙂

Happy Birthday to “someone”!! And I’d really love one of those cream filled cupcakes (if you don’t look, I might sneak an extra one)! I think most recently I found the light of happiness in the responses from readers to my post “Limo…” I love making people laugh, even AT me!! God bless you, Sunshine–today and always! (I am so hungry, I may just grab a cupcake off the table!)

Oh my Caddo! “For crying to Pete, go to bed already!”
      Haha! I’m still laughing with your “screaming” funny post . . .http://wp.me/p1OjIT-2e4
      but, maybe there’s a body inside!!!!!! You deserve all the cupcakes, Caddo! Hurry over before the ice cream melts all over the table!! 🙂

3. pencil pilot says:

I was fortunate enough to have a Simply Charming friend share some of her light of happiness with me, recently, and it was contageous. 🙂 Thanks Sunshine! I love the Robert Alden quote … and the cupcakes sound (and look) awesome!

Woo-hoo! Thanks Pencil Pilot for your visit and I’m happy to see you out and about in the neighborhood! Have a *cyber cupcake(s), it’s wonderfully deLIGHTful! ~Abundant blessings to you~

Thank you Andrea and I will get right to it as soon as I fix up the computer problem I’m currently deLIGHTed about…lol! Thanks again and see ya in a bit. 🙂