No Data Received!

Lately, I’ve been plagued with the following annoying announcement as I attempt to post or even make my way into my blog site!

Check it out:

No data received

Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.

Here are some suggestions:

• Reload this webpage later.
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

Occasionally the reload would allow me to sneak into my blog home but usually I’m locked out. So, if you thought I had forgotten you or didn’t care enough to visit you, please let me apologize now. SORRY! I’ve been locked out of my blog house!! Waaahh! I wanted to communicate this inconvenience so you wouldn’t throw-in-the-towel and walk away from me. Which brings me to my next point about perseverance.

never never

never-never (Photo credit: Kate McKenna) Image via Flickr

No matter what obstacles come your way as you blog, never, ever give up! Problems will resolve either through time or on its own. Just keep yourself busy posting and if you have to wait for slow-as-molasses internet service, here are three great activities you can easily blend into your posting schedule while you wait.

1. Start to organize/clean your desk. Once that’s done and you can begin to clean your home or whatever space you occupy while posting. Unless you’re a total “neat-freak,” I’m sure your space could use, ahem, some straightening up. I would come over and help you, what, with my slow internet server, I could probably help clean your place and this entire planet and still have a few minutes waiting for something to load! Not complaining, mind you, just stating facts.

2. Read! While you’re waiting, why not work on the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die list. ( I think I can check off  a few  lots of these books, thanks to my internet server.)

Cover of "1001 Books You Must Read Before...

Cover of 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die

3.  Exercise!! Okay, not my favorite either,  but sometimes, once your space is spotless, and you’ve covered a few chapters from your book, the body may begin to feel tired and sluggish, depending on the wait you are having. If you are in an area with a bit of privacy, jumping around or gentle stretches may be beneficial to get tired blood cells rejuvenated. Personally, I usually head to the nearest coffee pot and brew myself a delicious cup of coffee. It works like a real charm!

So, let’s hope this data goes out as planned, so you know what I’ve been up to while being kept prisoner detained by an unknown computer glitch, and may these suggestions also help ease your pain of computer delays, should you encounter them. I feel for you. Really.

Hey, how about yourself? If you encounter a delay while working on a post, how do you manage your time?

33 thoughts on “No Data Received!

1. orples says:

No matter what obstacles come your way as you (fill in the blank), never, never, never, give up, is really what you meant isn’t it? (or at least until it becomes apparent you’re fighting a losing battle. I’ve been trying to get stuff to work all day, so it’s not just blogging that is sometimes frustrating. But I agree with your advice, with persistence comes success (usually). 🙂

Oh lordy, I hope I don’t encounter such troubles–it would quite send me into a spin, as I don’t deal well with incomprehensible “problems”, i.e. “technical”. During the times my computer’s in the shop, I catch up on reading; clean; cook and bake like a maniac; stay on the phone as long as my lovely cousin will permit my long-distance visits! Wishing you well, my friend–God bless you abundantly!!

Hehe, I like your “bake like a maniac,” Caddo! I’ll have to venture over to my kitchen now that you mentioned it. Thank goodness my “no data” problem seems to flair up mostly in the evening. Guess I have to rearrange posting to morning hours eh? *sigh* Have a great weekend, Caddo!

• Caddo Veil says:

Oh NO! Not mornings! ‘Course, Joyce Meyer says that “whenever you get up–that’s your morning”– Just thought I’d pop by to say hello–God bless you, Sunshine!!

So glad you stopped in Caddo! May you have a great week ahead and I like Joyce’s choice of words. Morning starts the ball rolling . . . so true! 🙂

3. fgassette says:

Wow, haven’t experienced any problems. Don’t give up, as i see you haven’t. Your blessing and reward is just around the corner.

BE ENCOURAGED! BE BLESSED!

4. Karen says:

Posting can be problematic sometimes. Once when trying to publish, my post got stuck with the wheel spinning and spinning. When it stopped my post had totally disappeared. Gone, wiped out completely. Good advice for all of us, hope you are back to normal with WordPress.

Aargh! Oh, what a tragedy! Wiped out completely would have devastated me for many days…recovery would have been difficult! My problem is erratic, so some days are good, others not so good. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. 🙂

5. munchow says:

I can read this post, so I guess you don’t clean, read or run at present time? Thanks for the advice though, certainly comes in handy, when things start to go slow – or stop completely. How do I manage my time while working on a blog and encounter delays? For me it’s the other way around, I have a tendency to procrastinate other things I should do, and go to my blog, or yours or somebody else’s instead…

That’s funny Otto . . . I’m still chuckling over your comment about procrastinating instead of working on your blog! Maybe that’s the key eh, just think I have tons of things to do before I post something and maybe I can trick my internet server into thinking I really don’t want it and voila . . . it may work for me! Hey, thanks for the great idea!!! 🙂

6. eof737 says:

Sunshine,
    This is a serious matter and you should contact WordPress Support for help. http://en.support.wordpress.com/contact/ (they’ll be back by 3/6). If it is a problem from your end, they will advice you accordingly… I’m a bit surprised no one suggested you follow up and get technical help… that is the best gift we get for using a free platform. Don’t despair.

Hey Eliz! Tech problems are such a challenge and I guess something that will always exist . . . oh, yay! I got to the point where I can occasionally get into the blog neighborhood. I think most of my problems stem from a slow internet server. *sigh*
      Thanks for the advice and hopefully I can stay at least on a minimum working blog level. 🙂

7. mj monaghan says:

I’m usually going to other sites like Twitter, Klout, gmail, etc. Also playing with the puppy who constantly vies for attention, like a two-year-old.

BTW, it’s interesting you mention problems with your site. Whenever I pull up your site, the https: is always crossed through with a red slash. It’s only on your site, too. I’ve often wondered why. Maybe that’s part of the problem?? Thought I’d pass it on since you’re having issues.

Oh no!! HTTP and red slash! Yikes! I really better get that checked. Thanks for the heads up on that MJ. I wonder if anyone gets that when they open my site? Thanks!
      Maybe your puppy is wanting his/her own blog?! hehe . . .

8. philosophermouseofthehedge says:

Hmmm. there’s something going on with WordPress, I think. It appears just before they come out with some “new” feature, the whole blog-a-rama slows and becomes problematic – last week I was putting the final touches on a post…adding one last picture- when the whole darn thing disappeared ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!
    I contacted WP support – but didn’t hear a peep from them…which is very odd as they have been VERY helpful a couple of times in the past….so I don’t know, but it wasn’t just you, I suspect…(But I did run back and forth doing laundry, and ironing, and dog walking, and really boring stuff while waiting ) Fingers crossed it “heals” itself!

Hi Philo Mouse,
      Hmmn, a whole post disappearing would be tragic to say the least… at least you got some productive projects done. Oh, yay, laundry!?!
      I like the “fingers crossed” way of healing all things 🙂

9. island traveler says:

If i have an issue with my computer, I use my iphone to answer comments and read the posts of my blogger friends. I agree how frustrating it can be. I also try to catch up with my t.v. series, or go to the gym or simply enjoy the company of my wife and son. Great post my friend. Take care.

One day I will invest in an iphone . . . i’m still living in the dinosaur ages! teehee! Have a great week and see ya! Thanks Island Traveler 🙂

Hi Island traveler, I may have answered you on this post but it doesn’t seem to show as I did. But I feel like I answered . . . deja vu or just getting senile!
      I’ll have to invest in an iphone one of these days . . . catching up on tv series is a good thing since blogging seems to take most of tv watching time away. 😦
      Thanks for sharing and you take care too! 🙂

10. deannagreensandgardenart says:

I’d agree on all points made. I spent a good portion of my weekend cleaning up clutter on my computer desk, bedroom, and office desk. I was able to light a candle on my nightside and actually see it and enjoy its glow and fragance last night!
    In answering your question, when I am pulled away from a current task, I try to return to it after the pressing matter is cared for. Sometimes a bit of a challenge, expecially when there are multiple pressing matters. One of those seasons in my life right now.

That is nice Deanna. Funny how fast a desk can get cluttered! No sooner you clear it and what, the next day or two it’s back to a mess! Thanks for your thoughts and hope your busy season slows a bit for you to enjoy the day.