Landscape . . . See America!

HOWDY! For Sunday Post: Landscape,  Squire Bill Widener’s quote came to mind.

Do what you can, with what you’ve got, where you are.

A blast-from-the-past, an American scene featuring desert life and cowboys! Yippee!!

Poster for the United States Travel Bureau promoting tourism, showing two cowboys on horseback by stream near desert rock formation. Created for the Works Progress Administration Federal Art Project, by Frank S. Nicholson, between 1936 and 1939. ~Image via Wikimedia Common.

Thank you, Jakesprinter  from Time After Time, for the inspiration and helping to keep the creative light burning this week! Visit Sunday Post for more details and I best be getting along now  . . . gotta go round-up some cattle y’all!  ~Sunshine xoxo

28 thoughts on “Landscape . . . See America!

1. Bongo says:

Great poster. It looks like it’s from near my neck of the woods. Actually maybe Utah – just north of us. They have a lot of arches like that.

2. Looking Out The Window says:

Your post reminds me to enjoy life close to home. I dream of traveling abroad, but in reality it will likely never happen. There are many places to see closer to home that don’t break the bank. Thanks for digging up the poster.

Looking Out the Window, you are so right. Many times foreign lands look so appealing and right under our noses are places we haven’t discovered yet! Thanks for the reminder! 🙂 and visiting too!

3. wordswithpurpose says:

Very beautiful and nostalgic! One thing I really love about the desert Southwest is the gorgeous rock formations. I don’t need to be a “cowgirl” to enjoy this lovely landscape. It’s nature at its finest. It’s a lovely pick for the challenge. By the way, I love the quote too. After all, there is so much to see here in America. I feel fortunate to have so much natural beauty in my own backyard, so to speak. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

You speak with much truth Donna! I think most people, no matter where they reside, can find tons of places to visit right in their own country! I’m glad you enjoyed the oldie, but goody, landscape. ~Abundant blessings to you and your blog. Thanks!

Hello Island Traveler! Beautiful writing with stunning landscape images to go along with your writing. Thanks for the spotlight! I feel so honored. 🙂