Indulge in Gratefulness

To INDULGE in luxurious, clean bath water, available at any time night or day is a privilege. What may be an ordinary luxury for some, is an ordinary lack to others.

Only forty-six percent of people in Africa have safe drinking water. ~Wikipedia

A quiet moment to reflect the ordinary of the day and INDULGE the senses to a crystal clear, bubbling, cool water fountain.

Thousands have lived without love, not one without water. ~W. H. Auden

A simple turn of a water faucet handle allows me to indulge  myself with clean water to drink, clean and prepare meals.

I am deeply thankful.

Inspiration: Weekly Photo Challenge: Indulge.

58 thoughts on “Indulge in Gratefulness

Hello Brendontrashy, How I missed your conversation here mystifies me. Anyway, I love your creations with trash or maybe it can be called treasures? Thank you for the visit and happy treasure building! 🙂

1. lifebydmagdalene says:

Indulging in gratefulness is one action we really should do everyday of our lives!
    Thanks for the wonderful entry and the pingback, which is so much appreciated.

Have a great weekend!

@))—>>—–

2. thepetalpusher says:

Wonderful, wonderful message to get across. We certainly do indulge ourselves every time we brush our teeth and let the water run . . . Something to think about and to make changes. Thanks for getting out this important message.

Yes, I totally forgot about the little thing of brushing teeth, Petatpusher! Thank you for this reminder and coming by for a few minutes. I enjoyed your visit! 🙂

3. munchow says:

Love and water – the most important resources for human beings – and unfortunately all too often too scarce many places. Thanks for the reminder. The first pictures is a real charmer.

Your thought about love and water and how important it is for us humans just reminded me also how easily we can “pollute” the both of them if taken for granted. See, we reminded each other of something! 🙂 Thanks Otto!

4. orples says:

You are so right. Simple things many of us take for granted on a daily basis would be a luxury to, I dare say, half the people that share this planet with us. The little one does look like he is enjoying his bath. I’m sure many children would marvel at that same opportunity.

One winter our power went out for a week and it was the turning point that made me really appreciate hot, clean running water! I’m also thankful for Red Cross Emergency crew! Thanks Orples!

5. aFrankAngle says:

Absolutely a forgotten luxury that is taken for granted. Well done at matching images with a simply text to deliver a strong message. … and thanks for visiting me today.

It is so easy to slip into the, take-things-for-granted mode that I need so many reminders! Let me say I’m very grateful for blog neighbors like you who come over and visit. Thank you so much!

I’m glad to hear you have fresh running water suitable for everyday use. It’s good to remember how precious water so we can use it wisely. Kids, like mine, constantly need the reminders! Thanks for visiting and sharing.

Yikes, I’m excited . . . that is a bummer to say the least! ;( I find the fact that water is more expensive than gasoline very frightening. I hope that can change for you in the near future… thank you for sharing and visiting.