Hoot A-Known?

Alright. Today is the day for changes. Serious transformation into something known to be wise and noble, equipped with a set of knock-out pair of eyes, not to mention binocular vision and ability to stay up way past midnight–an absolute must for any serious WordPress blogger!

Now, just a minute . . .

Let me get the zipper up . . . can you help me? Oh, thanks!

Okay, ta-daaa!!

I am like an OWL in the desert, like a little OWL in a far-off desert . . . Psalm 102:6

When I think on the owl, I wonder, what can I learn from this beautiful bird who is known as a symbol for wisdom and courage.  Ernest Hemingway had a clever thought on owls that I think is right for this moment of reflection:

Aduilt of T. a. guttata in flight -- Sandesneb...

A serious writer is not to be confounded with a solemn writer. A serious writer may be a hawk or a buzzard or even a popinjay, but a solemn writer is always a bloody OWL. ~ Ernest Hemingway ( ThinkExist.com Quotations) ~Image via Wikipedia~

Perhaps one could use the energy of the owl to bring wisdom and inspiration in learning to become an eloquent writer or simply learning to become as . . .

“A wise old OWL sat on an oak; The more he saw the less he spoke; The less he spoke the more he heard; Why aren't we like that wise old bird?" ~Wisdom Quote from ThinkExist.com) Image via Wikipedia

So, if you were to ask me, what animal I would like to be, my answer would be the majestic, wise old owl, of course!

What would you like to be if you were an animal?

~Hoot-hoot! Sunshine xoxo

Photo and Quote credits: Wikipedia and ThinkExist.comQuotations

Inspiration: Book of Psalms and Plinky Prompt

40 thoughts on “Hoot A-Known?

Dophins! Way cool since you get to spend all your time in the wonderful ocean!!!!! Oh, and dive in and out of the water in dramatic acrobatic moves! Good one SweetKitten!! 🙂

Hi Sunshine! I’m enjoying my visits here more and more! I like this post–the opening reference to blog folks needing the ability to stay up way past midnight is both humorous and True!!! Great post, all the way through–however, I’ll have to think on what animal I’d like to be–I have a feeling I’d better be very selective….though I’m leaning toward being a “sister owl”, if you wouldn’t mind! God bless you abundantly.

Hey, hey sister Owl! Hope you found some energy now that we are in the owl-hood together to stay awake way past midnight! *giggle*
      I’ve been swamped with “life” duties but hope to get over to your place for a visit soon. Thanks for the company and chit-chat! It’s sure nice! 🙂

2. Lori Franks says:

I especially enjoyed the last quote…too true! I love your pick for what type of animal you’d be…very wise!
    Me…I think I’d like to be a cat and take cat naps when ever I want. At least for a month.

Oh Lori, I know what you mean about cat naps . . . sure would be nice. I always murmur over to my house cat what a lucky life she has. I’m glad you stopped by–have a great week! 🙂

3. Sheila Hurst says:

I think I’d like to be a monkey to be able to swing from the trees. Either that or a dolphin. Probably because both seem like they get to play a lot. It would be wonderful to fly though too.

4. Karen says:

I hope one day that I will see an owl at our home in New Hampshire or Maine. I have been lucky enough to see a bald eagle and that was wonderful. Maybe an owl will be in my future.

Hello Karen! I would also love to see an owl in the wild! Wow! A bald eagle . . . a real treat, yes! I hope you get your chance with a sighting of an owl and maybe even capture it on your camera! Thanks for the visit! 🙂

5. Bongo says:

I’m happy being a dog. But what is it with these WordPress bloggers staying up after midnight? My person stays up much later since she started helping me write my blog.

6. dianne - life as i see it says:

wonderful post. i would be my dog, he has the good life.. lol. but no i would mostly likely be an eagle.