I Will . . . or Will I?

Last Saturday was just another busy, busy day, finding me wanting so bad to be at home and working on a WordPress post. Have you ever had those days? Complaining and fretting on the inside when you HAVE to do things that keep you from the fun things you want to do?

I’m sure I see your head nodding up and down!

Okay, so Saturday, as I dragged myself around the work that seemed to never end,  I learned something about surrendering my will to do what small task God wanted me to do.

My will number one:                       Saturday, I want to sleep in.

Who in the right mind wants to wake up before nine in the morning to attend a fundraiser/conference?

Not my number one will.  No, sir!  My will feels it deserves to sleep til way past noon because hey, did will get up everyday,  Monday thru Friday at five thirty sharp after five or six hits on the snooze button?  Ohh, yes! I want my sleep!!

But giving up sleep for this event was one small thing God, I believe, asked that I attend, simply because it meant something for the women who began this ministry and the women getting receiving help from the ministry. But, still fighting for my sleep, I’m torn with will number two.

My will number two:    Conferences usually are boring and time-consuming.                  I want to stay home.

English: Baditz, Ottó: Women in the Prison Mag...

Image via Wikipedia

Had I stayed home indulging in my self-centered world and activities, I would have missed golden opportunities helping those less fortunate than myself. Two sisters began a prison ministry by visiting incarcerated woman wanting spiritual healing and prayer. The sisters soon found the need to help many of these women find a place to live and make it  back into society, but realized there wasn’t a place that existed. When there is a need, the charitable thing to do is to fill that need. Originally, the sisters found a small home, rented it, and began to help, two women at a time, into this home and got them back into the work force and into drug, alcohol or other substance abuse treatments. One of the main focus is getting these women introduced to God, establishing their relationship with Him and learning to find His plans for them.

Today, the sisters run their chosen house, after their day job,  from a three bedroom larger home, donated by a well-to-do community member and it houses three or four women at one time. Everything to run the home is purely by donations. The conference featured three of the current women living at the home, one being a young lady who lost her way hanging with wrong friends and drugs. She came, as she put it, from a good upbringing too. These women were given the task to cook the lunch meal for the conference and it was sure good. You could tell from the smiles of each lady who prepared the meal, that they felt some love, appreciation and forgiveness for their past mistakes from those of us who attended.

I found nothing boring here at this fundraiser. I did find helping to raise money for this worthy cause uplifting and singing to God . . .

My will number three:  I want to learn to lay my selfish will down and learn to give my will to God.

Many things about tomorrow, I don’t seem to understand. But I know who holds tomorrow . . .

Have you had moments when your will made you lose a giving opportunity to help another or make this world a better place?

Until tomorrow, remember He who holds your Hands!

~Sunshine xoxo

25 thoughts on “I Will . . . or Will I?

1. munchow says:

I want to tell you that I have nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award, because your blog is incredibly creative and inspiring. For more info about the nomination, have a look at my post More Rain.

Oh, thank you so much for the Kreativ Award nomination and the kind words of encouragement, Otto! You just filled my tank up to go for another round of blogging! 🙂 Thanks!!!

2. Cafe23 says:

This is so beautiful, Sunshine! I’m glad you ended up having such a fulfilling day. I definitely know what you’re talking about — those days you just want to sleep in but can’t!! =P

3. ansuyo says:

Funny that I found your blog on a day I want to curl up under the blankets and stay there. Ah, well, maybe next week:)

“Life lesson I’m learning: When we put aside our will and replace it with God’s will, blessings usually follow.” Love this:) Angie

Hey Angie! Oh, sorry, oh, I mean I’m not sorry, because God probably called you out from under the blankets too! You have to smile at His timing! 🙂 I’m happy to meet you and thanks for stopping in. Abundant blessings to you and your blog!

Oh, especially if it’s sleep we have to give up and it’s so cold outside! Arrgh! Thanks for stopping by Eryn! I loved reading about your new “lift!” 🙂

4. angelswhisper2011 says:

I want to sleep too in the weekends, Sunshine, but there is one helicopter, red coloured with 4 propellers, that makes his arrival almost directly on my head sharp at 7.45 hour 😦 I loved the post and this beautiful song. Thank you:)

Sunshine, dearest! This is so so so so Good! Great reminder. It’s always remarkable and inspiring to hear what a couple sisters, or sometimes even one person–partnering with God–can do to serve and glorify Him. Thank you for this post. Have a much-blessed day.

6. orples says:

I know what you mean about not enough time to fit it all in, thus the delay in enjoying this post. This ones suits me perfectly today. I’ve been busy working on book 2, and am just now getting to explore the world of others. It’s amazing how time is an enemy to us all from time to time. LOL. 🙂 Good job on that fundraiser!

Thank you Orples and I believe timing for each of us is different. We each have the work set for us and the challenge is finding what that work is and learn to budget and manage our time around the work.
      The fundraiser was a success as I thought it would be since it was for a good cause. Thanks for the chat and visit. 🙂

7. munchow says:

Sometimes we need to follow our will – and other times we need to step out and do what is right – whatever that might be. It’s quite an amazing story you tell about the two sisters. Very inspiring.

Generally, it’s way easier to follow your own will but as you say Otto, sometimesmany times, we need to push our own will away and do what is right. *sigh*
      The sisters also amaze and inspire me with their courage and faith filled hearts. Thanks again, Otto! 🙂