Don’t Hide Behind REGRET

I have made it a rule of my life never to regret and never to look back. Regret is an appalling waste of energy, and no one who intends to become a writer can afford to indulge in it. You can’t get it into shape; you can’t build on it; it’s only good for wallowing in.        ~Katherine Mansfield

~Sunshine on regret: Living with regrets are like heavy chains that keep our minds imprisoned. Time to break free, release the soul, and burst forth creating without any fear or sorrow. Life is too short to live disabled by regrets. Don't hide behind regret my friend. It's time. Lay down the guilt and LIVE now.

Thank you for sweet friends who pose for random shots without regrets!

Inspiration: Weekly Photo Challenge: Regret.

54 thoughts on “Don’t Hide Behind REGRET

How precious time is too! You are right Angelswhisper in that we don’t need to be wasting them on something we cannot change.
      What’s done is done. Learn from it, forgive and move on! 🙂 Thank you!!

Yes Ronnie, I would hate to be eaten up by regret eh? Let’s just send regret somewhere else to feed!
      Thank you for dropping in and staying a bit to chit-chat!
      Currently I’m trying to catch up with everyone while my internet is up. Be by your place in a bit (hopefully.)

1. Mike Hardisty says:

Why waste time on something that has already happened and in all likelihood you will not be able to change. Live for today and look forward to the future, that my way of thinking

2. orples says:

You do have a great attitude. This weeks challenge has churned up a few serious ‘regret’s on my behalf thinking of appropriate subject matter worthy of sharing. Maybe philosophy of avoiding or discarding regret is a better method of expressing the emotion.

Well Orples, I hope I face each regret as they surface but only for realization, then analyze what lesson
      I should be learning from it, then give it my blessings and send them off into the trash file. Some are tough and it
      requires some time to let go, but hopefully in the end, I can close them with a blessing. Before avoiding or discarding regret, I think some
      time to reflect on it, seems like a good way to approach regret. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts Orples, I find it always helps to clarify my own thoughts of the subject.

• orples says:

Thank you for your feedback as well. It is always a pleasure interacting with others, here on the blogs. By all means, feel free to visit me and share your thoughts there as well. I’ve run into some interesting people and some wonderful blog shares. See you out and about in cyberspace.

Hey, hey Amira!
      Thanks girl for your kind words and your coming over for a visit. You make me smile with lots
      of happiness 🙂
      Keep your creative words coming! 🙂

Just retrieved you from my spam box Cee! I’m happy you enjoyed the quote AND
      your comment problem is resolved. Did you ever find out what the problem was?
      Thanks my friend for visiting and chatting! Always a pleasure when you make it over here 🙂

3. Komments By Kris says:

i regret that i am unable to sign in with my photoblog id as pix & kardz 🙂
    ok, just kidding.
    however i will leave my link behind for reference: http://wp.me/p1hfki-1Dw

in any event, i agree with the sentiment for your post. it has been said that regret is a choice, and so i intentionally choose not to. life is to precious too waste with regrets. it is wise to forgive those who need to be forgiven – even if they haven’t apologized – and to forgive yourself, and then to move on. how liberating it is to live a life that leaves regrets behind. thanks for sharing this great post.

Hi Pix & Kardz! I’m a bit confused with your mention on not able to sign in with your photoblog . . .
      okay, I’m sure it will resolve in my mind somehow. 🙂
      Thank you for sharing your thoughts on regret and yes, I agree with you that time should be spent
      wisely moving forward and growing.
      ~Abundant peace to you!

4. island traveler says:

You inspired me today with these words, “Learn to forgive yourself and use regrets and sorrows in a positive way by making it a useful tool towards the art of graceful living.” Regrets are a great way to motivate ourselves to keep trying until we find much deserved happiness , meaning and peace.Wishing you and your family all the blessings. Happy Valentine’s Day my friend. Thank you for the light and love you share…

Hello Island Traveler! Thank you for the blessing wishes and your thoughts you left here on regret.
      It is always a pleasure when we can inspire each other daily on our life’s journey.
      Sending you lots of love and sunshine my friend! 🙂

5. Arindam says:

I will completely agree with you on this whole post.
    “Learn to forgive yourself and use regrets and sorrows in a positive way by making it a useful tool towards the art of graceful living.”- what a beautiful & true thing you said through this line. Great post. Keep up the great work. 🙂

6. belleofthecarnival says:

The best thing we can do is move forward, learn from our mistakes, and live in the present. Regret brings nothing but harm and sadly sometimes we cannot change the past…We can only try to be better for the future 🙂

Yes! I agree Deanna because I’m sure we all have some regret lurking somewhere within us but we allow them to bring a good change to ourselves. Thanks for sharing and stopping by 🙂

Yes, Isadora, I agree with your words on the chains people wrap themselves with, that includes myself at times.
      Something that constantly needs to be adjusted and reflected upon. I thank you for the chat and your
      visit today. ~Abundant blessings to you!