Sunday Post: Love

Love each other dearly always. There is scarcely anything else in the world but that: to love one another. Jean Valjean in Les Misérables

Our love overcomes any differences we may have with one another . . .

yet at times we may love or be loved,  To Close for Comfort.

I find it hard to love when a person(s) has brought pain and hardship into your life. When that happens, the words, “this person(s) is the very one making you become a better person and if you see beyond the hurt, you will walk closer to the Light.”

Love and forgiveness are two friends I walk with everyday. On some days– ouch, it takes everything in my power to simply throw-in-the-towel and just walk away from the two. But of course, you know how influencing and charming they be, so I’m forever bonded to them both.

So, how would you describe love? Is it always easy?

If you would like to learn more about Sunday Post, click on the image below and join the fun!

~Go forth in love~

Sunshine xoxo

27 thoughts on “Sunday Post: Love

1. Bongo says:

There are times that love isn’t easy at all, and I have to remember that God loves that person and I should too – but it takes God’s help to do it.

You got that so right Bongo! Some people really burn up all the minutes on the cell phone direct hotline to God as I continually ask whine, why, God . . . why?? Hey, glad you stopped by cuz you always bring lots of love when you come over here Bongo! I likey 🙂

2. angelswhisper2011 says:

I also try to love and forgive. When it’s hard for me to forgive someone, my cats/animals can let me feel my softness again through which it makes it easier for me to forgive. Lovely photo 🙂

Angelswhisper, our animal friends have a wonderful way of showing us the way to live closer to the Light. You are so right!! My delight you stopped in, thanks! ~Peace~

3. suitablefish says:

As far as what love is to me. Right now I guess this is how I understand love:
    ‘meet whatever comes with an open heart.’ It’s a teaching from one of my zen teachers that stuck like glue. I mean I forget plenty, fail often. . . and love.

I sure do miss the sweet dog love of my dog Rain. I believe she came into my life to teach me about love.

Rain, that is a cool name for a dog suitablefish. Just saying it makes you feel peaceful. Sorry to hear your loss. Animal friends become just like a beloved family member and it’s tough when they go. 😦
      Your words on love: it happens when we . . . ‘meet whatever comes with an open heart.’
      Something to remember, meditate on and treasure in our hearts. Thanks!

Hi Orples! I guess some dogs take to it easier than others. Ahem, there is a cute one who visits here often ( I won’t divulge his name–but he has a very handsome face) that has on occasions, just a slight problem with one cat that he lives with. Don’t tell him I mentioned this.
      Anyway, back to the subject, thanks for dropping in–much appreciated 🙂

4. Gracie Sam says:

Great post Sunshine. Sometimes it isn’t that easy. When it’s hard to forgive, I just turn to God for comfort and pray for that person who caused pain and for myself to be able to forgive as well. It’s really hard and it takes a lot of courage and prayer and love.

Yes, you are right Gracie, without God’s hand to calm and soothe the heart full of pain, forgiveness doesn’t exist. It’s easier to pray for someone but when confrontation is inevitable, that’s the challenge of the century. And yes, that is where courage comes into play. Thank you so much Gracie. You bring grace here all the time.

So true Belle of the Carnival, matters of the heart are NEVER easy and requires much work and attentiveness. It’s so easy to lose the focus on what is important in this life . . . thank you . . . 🙂

5. Arindam says:

Love is something which is hard to describe and very easy to feel. So I would never try to describe love. 🙂
    But let me tell you really did a great job with this post. Keep up the great work you are doing. 🙂

Thank you Arindam for your kind and encouraging words. Your mom did a fab job raising such a thoughtful young man.( *clap-clap for your mom!*) I think she models love, the ever elusive and difficult emotion to describe.
      ~peace out to you!

6. the island traveler says:

There’s no greater gift than to love and be loved without any conditions, to be selfless, to open our hearts to welcome a person in pain, in darkness, in loneliness. To forgive is divine…and it’s an expression of a heart that loves despite of….So, beautiful…Thank you. Happy Valentine’s Day. Wishing you and your love ones all the love and joy.

It’s wonderful to give and receive gifts and yes, love is surely one of the greatest, Island Traveler. I love observing my furry pets as they go about their day trying to get any affection they can find. Hopefully we can be attuned to those around us and bring the gift of love where it’s most needed. It’s always a pleasure when you visit and chat–Thank You!

Hi Sunshine!! I’m here for a quick visit, to let you know I’ve nominated you for the ABC Award–if you’d like to accept, hop on over and read my “acceptance speech” post. Regardless, have a Blessed Day!!