In Memory of January 2012

Goodbye January 2012 . . .

It seems like only yesterday the New Year was coming in

How quickly the days have gone by

and now I’m bidding you farewell

until next year,

if it is in HIS plans,

a poem to remember January

and how one ought to live

the rest of the days in 2012 . . .

If our love were but more simple,

We should take Him at His word;

And our lives would be all sunshine

In the sweetness of the Lord.

~Frederick William Faber

17 thoughts on “In Memory of January 2012

1. the island traveler says:

How time flies. We barely enjoyed every bit of January and now it’s a brand new month. I just wish we enjoyed more the days of January…makes me value life more and more . We truly need to make the most of everyday. To live our dreams and not to waste any more time in waiting….this words stuck like glue, “It seems like only yesterday the New Year was coming in

How quickly the days have gone by

and now I’m bidding you farewell

until next year…” Well said my friend. Stay bless always…..

Oh, Island traveler, you always bring inspiring words with you and that’s enough to make my day! Thank you and all of God’s blessings and graces be with you and your loved ones!

2. philosophermouseofthehedge says:

You know why I always thought Asian kids were lucky? If they tried out the New Year at the first of January – and didn’t like their resolutions or how it was going so far – they could turn around and celebrate Chinese New Year and start all over again. A quick course-correction do-over!
    Nice post. NIce reminder.

LOL Philo mouse! I think I’ll have to work the Chinese New Year into my life . . . that is a good one! Twice as nice: “A quick course-correction do-over!” Wooot!

This is SO perfectly gorgeous–I love the simplicity of the message: “just take HIM at His Word”, it’s really that easy!! Thank you, and God bless you richly.

Hiya Caddo!
      It surprised me too when I stopped and thought about the simplicity of life from this poem. . . boy, how did life get so complicating?
      Thanks for the company and the chit-chat! Appreciate it!! 🙂

One good thing about blogging is the ability to put memories on a page and look back at all the blessings we may have overlooked as we were busy living life.
      I have been blessed by you and your creativity. Thanks Liz! 🙂