A Mother’s Secret Hope

Youth fades; love droops, the leaves of friendship fall;
A mother’s secret hope outlives them all.
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr

A mother’s secret hope is a child will grow to be wise and seek the path that keeps them growing closer to the Light of heaven.

Shh! Genius at work!

A mother’s secret hope is a child experiences all the joys in life that keeps them afloat even during the toughest of times.

Aargh! Everything is under control!

A mother’s secret hope is a child will keep their sense of wonder and never give up their search for who they are.

Who am I?

A mother’s secret hope is a child no matter how many falls and tumbles they take, they learn to get up gracefully and never give up following their dreams and aspirations.

Anyone notice the wrong shoes on the wrong feet??

A mother’s secret hope is while raising her child, whatever personal struggles and sacrifices she met in her own life, she kept it locked in her heart, and went on to find joy when her child found a love to share and now walks forward  building the next generation’s legacy of love.

Growing together in love . . .

my oldest daughter’s recent engagement announcement fulfilled one mother’s secret hope.

As a parent, what secret hopes did you keep in your heart and did your hopes become a reality for you?

Inspiration: Weekly Photo Challenge: Hope.

50 thoughts on “A Mother’s Secret Hope

Hello Kath,
      It’s hard to understand why moms do the things we do sometimes 🙂 but hopefully, at the end of the journey we can meet at the crossroads and finally see eye to eye. Thank you for your kind words.

1. RVingGirl says:

What a charming way to present this news to us, your blogging pals!
    Beautiful post and worthy of many prizes!
    Blessings to you …..

2. nelson RN says:

Lovely photos! I especially like that shot of the child’s legs swaying by the playhouse! Cute!
    And thanks for sharing your secret hopes… they’re not secret now though 🙂 Wishing all your hopes and dreams come true.

Hehe . . . you are right Nelson, my secret is no longer. 🙂
      I enjoyed your family sitting at the beach photo, makes for a very hopeful life.
      Thank you!

Hi Eliz! Having teens in college is a great HOPE fulfilled! Hope is a small word but
      how great of an influence it has in our lives. Thanks! I hope you have a fantastic week! 🙂

Hello Angelswhisper! I’m happy you enjoyed your visit . . . ahh, grandchildren, I bet that is a
      delightful adventure! I’m looking forward to those days. Thank you and I enjoyed the chat 🙂

3. orples says:

Wonderful photos, especially the little girl looking at her bare foot. ???, I really don’t know why, because of your photos were charming. Congrats to your daughter and soon to be son-in-law. Here’s wishing them many happy years together.

Thank you so much Orples! I’m not sure either what was going on with the bare feet but glad I caught it!
      I enjoyed your Ziggy quote . . . so true.
      Glad you stopped in 🙂

Hey Joe,
      Ahh, it’s nice when the children grow up and you
      can stand back and reflect on their journey.
      I do appreciate your thoughts and your visit. 🙂
      (Your HOPE entry was excellent!!)

4. amira says:

this mother holds lots of hope in the soft heart.
    wishes for the kid’s wishes to come true
    hopes for them to achieve their ambitious goals, one a pilot and the other an astrounaut 🙂
    hopes for them to cross over to adulthood with a happy childhood
    with little or no dents 😉
    hopes for the kids to grow up:
    to be responsible citizens, to be loving dads and husbands, to be a joy for all ….
    it can go on and on 🙂

those are wonderful captures sunshine. May all your hopes be realised, may they come true 🙂

Hello Amira,
      You wrote it well . . . “a happy childhood with little or no dents!”
      You got that so right and how we mothers worry and fret at times attempting to prevent the children from making serious mistakes.
      Alas, sometimes, they have to learn on their own –ouch, and how painful for mothers to watch!
      I wish all your hopes for your lovely children may also be fulfilled. . .
      ~Peace to you Amira!

5. carolynpageabc says:

Beautiful and so very true… And then (once they leave the nest) comes another phase (or, at least I’ve found this to be true). The phase of ‘allowing them to grow together, making their mistakes, reaching for their stars as a couple, having their power struggles (for some), in fact; becoming as one’. A beautiful phase; yet one that left this mother’s heart a little sad for the loss of her baby girl. And yet; what became is now a beautiful bond between two women who deeply love and care for each other… A wonderful journey indeed…. 😉

Yes, Carolyn, this work called parenting is indeed a wonderful journey! For sure, there is never a dull
      moment! As you said, a mother’s heart feels the sadness when their (adult) babies go on their own. *sigh*
      Thank you, it has been my pleasure to read a little about your “baby girl” and her “growing in love” relationship.
      Awesome!
      ~All the best to you!

Hello Anne!
      Thank you for the encouraging words. Life, so full of surprises at every turn!
      Happy you stopped by and hope all is going well with you.
      ~peace!

Thank you Kris! I’m glad you left your hope entry here . . . it’s hard to keep track of the posts in the weekly challenges. I do love visiting and sure wish I could spend more time with each blog entry. *Sigh*
      Thanks for stopping by 🙂