I love the idea of starting a new book, a writing journal or something bigger like a brand new year. Ah…the first of January, seems almost sacred you know because … Ohhh, I don’t want to mess up the first day that could jinx the entire year into disaster!
Being Sunday, some of you know I’m the church blah~Nursery attendant and while
daydreaming working with the kiddos, it hit me right between the eyes that I need to start the first day of 2012 with a grateful heart. Now usually my baby, Simply Charming, does the talking but alas, too much holiday eggnog, parties and gifts wiped the poor fellow right out so shhh, let’s have this precious one sleep and I’ll catch you up with all the excitement …
Over the past few days, some of my neighbors came over with surprise gifts like halfwaybetweenthegutter, with the gorgeous award called:
Here’s my post on the Versatile Blogger Award that originally posted on December 15, 2011.
I’m not quite sure what the rules and regulations comes with this award except a list of ten, did you know this about me…
- I’m an interesting human being, attempting to create love, fun and happiness in this here neighborhood . . .
- also fabulous at wasting time when I should be attending to God‘s work . . .
- lived in several intriguing places, one being Egypt . . .
- I’m always really, really, REALLY delightful when I get a home cooked meal that I didn’t prepare or cook!
- been delirious for some time now~ reason unknown . . .
- went crazy one day and decided to share my oldest daughter’s nose piercing adventure…ouch, it smarted. Just for a few seconds. I’m good now. Thank you.
- I find the widget on some bloggers page, the one with the world map and place of their subscribers, very mysterious . . . like, how did you get that on there?? It’s really cool.
- if I find myself feeling a bit ordinary, you know, just one of the herd, I call on one of my best friend, Imagination, (oh, my, he looks a lot like Johnny Depp!) and we saddle up our horses and ride until the sun goes down over the mountains . . .
- then we sit by the river, cozy by the campfire and listen to the magical lessons found in nature and the silence . . .
- hoping to find the Light to quench the spiritual thirst within me. Hehe . . .
five six nominees who I would like to highlight for the Kreativ Blogger Award are:
These neighbors truly are gracious and supportive by offering their hospitality and warm conversations just about everyday we meet. Thanks friends!
The first day of 2012 has now ended for me so until tomorrow…