Hello You dear readers,
I’m back in the studio today and hoping Sunshine is ready to complete this interview that needs to get to Mr. D’s desk by midnight. You wired up and ready Sunshine?
Great. Let’s get started then.
What type of blogging strategy works best for you?
Okay, this is one killer question that has me spinning out of control. Blogging strategy? Does open laptop, go to WordPress, open a new post page and start writing count as strategy? Right. Only for the simple-minded. Well, shoot, I am simple minded…hence the name, Simply Charming.
I see. Ahem. Well, if you could go back to the beginning, what would you do differently?
If I could go back to the beginning, I would have started blogging earlier in life.
What are you most proud of accomplishing this year?
Let’s see… my most accomplished moment would be the meeting of all the neighbors (bloggers) who came over with their gifts (subscribers and award bearers) and neighbors who visited daily and chatted and showered me with praises and kind words.
Name 3 great blogs you discovered through the challenge.
- Kana’s Chronicles: One of my first neighbor who welcomed me and made me feel right at home. One of my favorite stories by Kana is It’s a Turtle Life. This lady has an awesome life story to tell you and she’s one fine writer too!
- Mirth and Motivation: If you ever need, tips and advice on a wide array of subjects or just the boost to continue blogging, Elizabeth the woman you need. Her Memories: A Day of Dance, Song and Synchronicity… will get any tired, unmotivated blogger powered up and on the go in seconds. AND…no matter how busy she is, you can always count on this neighbor to check in with you regularly and bring gifts of her good company and conversations.
- Jakesprinters: Jake was my first Post-A-Week neighbor, always around to give you a cheer and creates a mighty fine breakfast!
- Sunny Side Up: I know you want only 3 great blogs Mr. Internet interviewer, but I have to tell you about Lori Franks. We discovered we were neighbors and wouldn’t you know it…we share Johnny Depp~ hehe…hard to believe sir, but true, and she came over one day with the Liebster Blog Award, then I awarded her with the Versatile Blog Award, then she came back and brought the 7×7 Blog Award, (I’m still working on posting the details of the award) so now I have to send something back to her. (Oh Lori, I’m bringing the Kreativ Blogger Award to you…soon!)
What surprised you about the challenge?
The most surprising thing about the challenge would have to be the strong connections I have found with this blogging community, speaking for those who create not for financial gain, but simply to satisfy the want to create something for pure entertainment, the wish to share important ideas and most importantly, the want to communicate daily with kindred spirits in so many ways .
What advice would you give to others who want to blog regularly?
What you wish, if it’s to blog regularly, then embrace the thought and carry it over into action. If you want to master the art of blogging, then you’ll need to invest time, patience (lots of patience) and find master bloggers to follow and learn the craft through hours of practice. Wax on, wax off, wax on, wax off…
Thank you for sharing Karate Kid. So, what are your blogging goals for 2012?
Simple. Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out.
There you have it folks, Sunshine’s reflections on her 2011 blogging adventure and for those of you needing help in this area, remember you can always look me up, Mr. Internet roving interviewer, available 24/7 @ imafaketoday.com.
Thank you Mr. Internet interviewer and thank you my dear readers. I love our neighborhood!
- Looking back on Post a Day 2011 (bookmouse.wordpress.com)
- Looking Back at Post a Day Challenge 2011 meme… (nolagirlatheart.wordpress.com)
- Looking Back on Post a Day 2011 (alisonamazed.wordpress.com)