Brave Heart

Every morning the radio news report on stories of murders, robberies and life threatening situations that signal my heart to fear this world gone astray….

Monday morning misery

Yet, looking ahead, I go out the door with a brave heart.

The monthly bills seem to come faster and in larger amounts than the monthly salary needed to cover them….

Yet, looking ahead,  I go out the door with a brave heart.

Every day I meet someone struggling with a long-term illness, rising medical bills, depression and a few friends struggling extreme obesity, drug and alcohol addictions, and even abusive relationships. They ask where can we go to be brave, to overcome these overwhelming life struggles?

Look ahead my friend and go out the door with a brave heart because….

Loyalty and devotion lead to bravery. Bravery leads to the spirit of self-sacrifice. The spirit of self-sacrifice creates trust in the power of love.    Morihei Ueshiba

Loyalty and devotion to God

He makes you want to be brave

To overcome life’s obstacles

the sacrifices made each day

binds you tighter to the only One

who can make you brave….

Keep writing bravely!

Sunshine

Quote Credit: Brainyquote.com

Inspiration: Daily WP #334 Where do you go to be brave?

11 thoughts on “Brave Heart

1. Lori Franks says:

I think you hit this one square on the nose. It takes great bravery to live in our world today. Living in a large city I hate listening to the news…because it is scary. But God is my fortress, my strong tower, who should I fear?

2. Bongo says:

Sometimes we have to be brave to stick by our friends and loved ones who are hurting. I love this song. Nicole Nordeman has kind of stepped out of sight lately.

Hey hi Eryn! Happy you stopped in and going over to your place soon. Been a very busy week so my visiting with blog neighbors has been restricted. Sad.:(
      I’m looking forward to the weekend! Thanks!

3. munchow says:

It takes bravery to live. There are small and big obstacles all the time. But still life is wonderful, even when it looks the darkest. In my work I see a lot of poverty and hardship, but almost everywhere I also encounter human spirit and kindness.

I knew there was a reason for our existence Munchow and you summed it up well. To learn bravery, overcome or at least accept the hardships in life and to foster kindness with all we meet. God’s funny sense of humor at its best. Just gotta love Him!
      Happy you visited today 🙂

4. eof737 says:

That we get out of bed every day to face the world and its challenges is an act of bravery… if we can keep one foot in front of the other with faith, we can face the fear… Love your post. 😉

Hey awesome Elizabeth! I like your words . . . one foot in front of the other with faith . . . face the fear!
      Run fear, run! Some of us have important goals to tackle today!
      Thanks, again and again!!!