My internet was down for…..well, let’s just say it was enough down time for me to actually go into a frenzied cleaning rampage! I mean really! I guess I deal with unexpected situations and addictions by CLEANING! As I spent a feverish day cleaning and organizing all the rooms in my house, who should stop by but Mr. Alfred Joyce Kilmer. He left his mug shot here for you to view……..oh, and also one of his famous poems. You know, his famous Trees poem.And now the poem…..
- I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
- A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
- Against the earth’s sweet flowing breast;
- A tree that looks at God all day,
- And lifts her leafy arms to pray;
- A tree that may in summer wear
- A nest of robins in her hair;
- Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
- Who intimately lives with rain.
- Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
…………..Why silly Mr. Kilmer! You are not a fool but a very gifted poet whom I find simply charming.
Perhaps my day without the internet was made better simply because the time with Mr. Joyce Kilmer led to a meditation (and a really clean home.)
Learn to slow down,
and meditate on the common gifts the Divine Master has woven so intricately into my life that on many occasions I fail to see all its beauty.
* I really can’t remember how or who let Mr. Kilmer into my home but I am thankful!
When an unexpected event occurs in your life, how do you find yourself adjusting? I would love to start a conversation with you….. perhaps you also have another favorite poem by Joyce Kilmer……